Rhythm Kids® on Zoom (4-8yrs)
Rhythm Kids classes support the next level of music learning by capitalizing on how older children are wired to learn. In Rhythm Kids classes, we drum, sing, and move to rhythms and music from around the world. The Rhythm Kids curriculum is developed specifically for families with preschoolers and early elementary students aged 4 to 8-years old. Rhythm Kids students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play—and play with!—djembes, other percussion instruments, and their first instruments (their voices and bodies). When parents and caregivers choose to attend class (not required), too, they not only amplify their children’s learning but also have a great time singing, moving, and drumming themselves.
Rhythm Kids classes include:
- Immersion in the rhythmic “language” of cultures from six continents;
- Playful, developmentally-appropriate music games;
- Opportunities to lead, balanced with opportunities to collaborate;
- Rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation and innovation;
- Deep exposure to music that is both complex and fun;
- A carefully-constructed three-year Animal Song Curriculum (from Alligators and Tree Frogs to Elephants and Kangaroos);
- Expert teachers, award-winning materials, and a worldwide Rhythm Kids community.
- Bonus Uncle Gerry Valentine's Day Zoomalong (10am) if you register by December 28th!
Whether as a stand-alone music class or as a companion to formal instruction, Rhythm Kids helps children develop the facility, repertoire, and creativity that will allow them to unleash their own music-making potential.
Each Rhythm Kids Zoom class will be recorded & uploaded to an unlisted YouTube playlist, to be viewed by classmates who missed that class. Please check the "Photo Release" box when you register.